Bydand Medical group has introduced two online services which we hope will be of considerable benefit to our patients. These include the ability to request and track the status of repeat prescriptions as well as the ability to book and cancel appointments online.
This service allows you to request medications from your repeat prescription list online as well as review the status of your prescription requests. Please note that, after your request has been processed by the practice, you will need to allow 72 hours for the pharmacy to process your prescription. You may wish to enquire about your local pharmacies text messaging service which will alert you when your prescription is ready. If you wish to order medication not on your repeats list you will need to contact the Health Centre directly.
All of our GP's routine appointments, for a period of four weeks in advance, will be available to be booked online. This service will only be for routine appointments and, should you wish to book any other type of appointment, you will need to contact the Health Centre directly. Please note that patients who do not attend two appointments that have been booked online within a 3 month period will have Online Services temporarily disabled and will need to contact the Practice. Reauthorisation of Online accounts will be at the discretion of the Practice.
In order to access both online services patients must complete an Online Services Application form which can either be downloaded and printed using the link or requested at the practice. Once completed, this form should be returned to the medical practice in person, along with a valid form of identification, for example photo ID or passport. Once you have been registered the practice will send you either a letter or email containing the information that will enable you to create a username & password.
Please note that Online Services requires that any child aged 16 or over register using their own email address in order to ensure privacy.
Creating Your Online Account
Once you have submitted your application form you will receive either a letter or an email from the practice. This will contain:
- the website address
- Practice ID
- Patient ID
- the Registration Token
To create your account:
- Open your Web browser, go to www.myvisiononline.co.uk, click on the register tab.
- Type the Practice ID in the required field.
- Type your Patient ID (in the letter provided by the practice) in the required field.
- Type your registration Token in the required field.
- Create a Username. This must be unique. If the name already exists, registration will fail. Change the username and continue.
- Create a Password, this must be at least 8 characters long and must contain at least one number or letter. Passwords are case sensitive.
- Retype to confirm password.
- Click on the tick box to agree terms and conditions and privacy.
- Click the Register button to complete the registration process. You will need to activate your online account before it can be used.
- You will receive an email message, with a link to activate your account. Click the link, your account is now active and you can proceed to request repeat prescriptions.
- go to the website www.myvisiononline.co.uk
- Click on the Sign in tab, type your practice ID in the required field
- Type your username, then type your password. Remember your password is case sensitive.
- Click the Sign In button: you now have access to Online services.
These downloadable guides include the information above as well as a brief introduction to each service.