Back to News
Information for Patients during COVID-19
Posted on 9 Oct 2020
BYDAND MEDICAL GROUP - INFORMATION DURING COVID
If you require to see a GP you must phone 01466 792116 at the phone call times of:
8.45am – 9.00am or
2.15pm – 2.30pm
Your call will be triaged by a GP or Advanced Nurse Practitioner. If you require to be seen following this they will arrange an appointment for you.
When you attend an appointment we ask that you wear a face covering unless you are exempt from this.
Seating in the waiting areas is reduced to allow us to follow social distancing guidelines. If all seats are full when you attend you may be asked to wait outside until a seat becomes available.
YOU WILL NOT MISS YOUR APPOINTMENT IF WAITING OUTSIDE. THE Clinician WILL KNOW YOU ARE THERE AND YOU WILL BE CALLED IN.
SERVICES CURRENTLY BEING DONE AT THE HEALTH CENTRE
- Telephone consultations with GP’s, Advanced Nurse Practitioners and Practice Nurses
- Face to face GP consultations as required following telephone triage
- Prescriptions (can be ordered online of via telephone 0146676500)
- Sick Lines – These should be requested via telephone and can be emailed to patients on completion (they can be collected if email is not an option)
- Blood tests
- Chronic disease blood tests (appointments will be sent for these)
- Telephone/near me Diabetic reviews
- Smear tests
- Coil and contraceptive implant changes (counselling must be done via phonecall before attending an appt for this)
- Ring changes
- Minor surgery procedures
- Pill checks (telephone consultation)
- Post Natal examinations (telephone consultation)
- Baby checks (appointments will be sent for these)